Sunday, August 24, 2008

Getting Spoiled Rotten

On my most recent to do list, getting treated like an all-star wasn't at the top. Weird, I know. Fortunately, life has a way of knowing how much I love pretending I'm a princess, so she helped out.

I did plan a couple final outings with my roommate to celebrate our last week in Chicago together. Most involved food. Okay, they all involved food, except for the "Take Chicago Architecture Boat Tour" which we didn't end up doing. We ditched it for guacamole and wine at our favorite local restaurant.

Totally worth it. I know guac doesn't photograph well, but fortunately my roommate does so I kept her in this picture for the aesthetic value.

Loyal readers will recall that I once described this particular guacamole as "the best guacamole I've ever tasted." Very true.

So back to the to do list.

Another past post I mentioned a chef friend of mine who will be working as Stephanie Izard's executive sous chef. We visited him at his current place of business before we left his city.

A major splurge for our intern budgets, we went to Custom House. We figure we'd stick to the salad end of things. Don't worry though, our chef friend kept our palates busy with some fantastic complimentary dishes.

Here's an abbreviated photo-log of the night:

Our appetizers: so good we forgot to take the before picture and had to settle for the after.

I learned from my mistakes when the four desert plates came around because those went pretty fast too.

And I tried to catch a couple of Dave at work in the kitchen - he's the blurry face.

A very cool night for all involved, particularly for those eating. Nothing makes me happier than great food, wine, and friends. Oh, except for getting treated like a princess.

So I guess I had all my bases covered on that one!

1 comment:

  1. Funny, getting treated like an all-star is always at the top of my to-do list. Please take note of that.

    ReplyDelete