Sunday, August 10, 2008

On the Prowl...

For the last few months I've been searching for a job. No fun! It's been a challenge, and sometimes I put my cooking on the wayside, which is also no fun. I have a cooking "to do" list I've ignored for the past few weeks along with my gym time, my phone calls to friends and my desire to clean my apartment.*

*Okay, that last one usually sticks with me job hunting or no.

I really want a great job. I want to work hard, and I want to learn a lot. I can't wait until I find that a position that can fulfill those requirements for me. Right now I'm just focused on following leads and finding opportunities. I sound so boring.


So what have I done to ease the pain? Eat.

Nutritionists must tell their clients to keep a diet diary for a reason, because just writing it down immediately guilts me.

My emotional eating hasn't reached unhealthy heights* but it still worries me. When an HR woman told me they chose to move forward with another candidate - I ate a second lunch of Indian food and went to a top steak house for dinner. Later during the weekend I consumed the following: guacamole, veggie burger, asparagus, Mexican inspired ceviche, half a piece of pizza, peanuts, a falafel pita, two grape leave wraps and a Japanese noodle dish with a side salad.

*According to my health standards; isn't admitting you have a problem the first step?

Nutritionists must tell their clients to keep a diet diary for a reason, because just writing it down immediately guilts me into not wanting to eat for the next two days. What I see when not blinded by my food shame: no home-cooked meals on that list.

So this week, it's back to the kitchen. As I email my resume out, I will also be grilling veggies. As I read trade magazines, I will be baking vegan casseroles. As I pray to the gods to inspire technology/marketing HR people to hire me, I will be, well you get it.

Just as I'm getting into Web 2.0, so must I start Clare 2.0. Better, faster, employed!

No comments:

Post a Comment