Monday, June 30, 2008

I Lost Money in Vegas

This past weekend, my wonderful boyfriend took me to Las Vegas in celebration of the completion of my 23rd year (of life - to be clear).

While there I ate the following delicious meals:

Wasabi Mashed Potatoes - not technically a meal, they came with an entree of salmon, but I was less impressed by the seafood. As I don't generally like Wasabi, I just find it frankly amazing that the spice doesn't ruin this easy side. We ate these potatoes at China Grill, where said wonderful boyfriend proceeded to steal the chopsticks. This isn't a sign of kleptomania though, it's a response to the distinct lack of chopsticks when ordering Asian delivery. He's resourceful!

Chef's Veggie Burger - I treated boyfriend to a Kobe beef burger complete with blue cheese and caramelized onions while I tried the chef's veggie burger with pepper jack cheese and salsa. We declared both delicious. I also enjoyed two varieties of fries: sweet potato and regular. This meal took place at Burger Bar where honestly I was a little worried about the waitress. Something about the enormity of her surgically enhanced chest, her voice at a pitch only dogs could hear, and the confused look she gave me when I asked for a straw bothered me, but I couldn't put my finger on it.

Adult Macaroni and Cheese - Any time Vegas labels something as "adult," I assume it means you can contract a disease if you're not careful. These fried nuggets of goodness were totally STD free. We stumbled into FIX trying to grab dinner before going to Cirque du Soleil's "O" (incredible by the way). The meal ended with three banana filled donuts that could be dipped in chocolate sauce. So, so, so good. Before I recommend the whole place though, I must add that my butternut squash ravioli with feta left a lot to be desired.

Nachos - I don't really remember what restaurant this was at, as the nacho eating occurred after 1.) ChipnDales, 2.) A giant fishbowl rum drink with dry-ice 3.) The Playboy Club and 4.) Moon Nightclub. What I can tell you is that they were mind blowing. The ChipnDales dance routines were pretty great too, as was the lady in the second row who was celebrating her divorce. I was a little concerned for the safety of the men when she would get too close to the stage though.

In summary - healthy? No. Vegas has never, will never, be the pinnacle of a healthy lifestyle. However, no want goes unsatisfied there, including the desire for good food. A final mention: I didn't find one bad pina colada.

No comments:

Post a Comment